The Wrocław-Szczecin diocese was established on Seprember 7, 1951, and comprised thethen states of Koszalińskie, Szczecińskie, Wrocławskie, and Zielonogórskie. Its establishmentwas connected with the "Wisła" resettlement campaign of 1947. The first Orthodox parishes, however, were set up immediately afrer World War II had ended and were grouped in two deaneries: Wrocław and Szczecin. The diocese's parish network formed mainly over the period of 1947-1958. ; Its further development brought abour the establishment of two other deaneries: Koszalin and Zielona Góra (1958). The process of changes in the deanery structure continued until 2000 when the deanery of Lubin was set up. ; Some of the Orthodox parishes established afrer 1947 have not survived. On top, the deanery of Koszalin has seen as many as ten parishes closed down. Overall, nineteen parishes in the Wrocław -Szczecin diocese have ceased to exist. The reasons were many. Among the main ones was the low number of parishioners, which was best seen after 1956 when they were offered the chance to return to their homelands. ; Another reason was the lack of permanent priest service. The process of parish dissolution was brought to an end in 1983 when archbishop Jeremiasz (Anchimiuk) was appointed ordinary of the diocese. Under his jurisdiction new parishes were established (in Słubice, Sokołowsko, Wrocław, Zgorzelec). In 2007, the Wrocław-Szczecin diocese was made up of 43 parishes, providing service to ca. 15,000 worshippers.
Nov 14, 2019
Nov 14, 2019
Woliński, Janusz (1894-1970)
Osękowski, Czesław (1952- ) Skobelski, Robert (1968- ) Rymar, Dariusz Zarzycki, Marcin Ordyłowski, Marek Ocipka, Robert Wallis, Janina Sikorski, Juliusz Wypych, Bogusław Towpik, Witold Dudra, Stefan Bartkowiak, Przemysław Dzwonkowski, Tadeusz Pyrek, Sebastian