Group publication title:
In the period from 1975 until 1990 the hospital in Zielona Góra operated as the Regional Complex Hospital comprising not only the hospital itself, but many other health care service facilities as well (outpatients? clinics, health care centres etc.). The institution at the time consisted of 22 wards with places for 1000 in-patients and employed over 100 staff members, the majority of whom had completed specialist medical training. ; However, the hospital, mainly in the eighties, faced several staff problems, especially concerning non-specialist medical practitioners. Apart from personnel problems, the hospital suffered from shortage of funding, premises and the lack of specialized wards. The situation was expected to change with a new hospital the construction of which was planned to start in the seventies. ; Unfortunately, the project was never implemented. Instead, it was decided to expand the existing hospital as a result of which new pavilions were erected, namely, the internal and paediatric and diagnostic and operation facilities. In 1990 the Regional Complex Hospital was divided into the Regional General Hospital (with main facilities) and Health Care Centre of Zielona Góra (comprising the other health care facilities).