Counties of present lubuskie voivodeship were electrified in the years 1894-1955. This process was conducted initially based on local energy source - the river and deposits of brown coal. Local sources had been used to generate electricity in small hydro and thermal power plants located near factories. The development of energy networks has enabled sending electricity from factories to urban and rural inhabitants. ; Further expansion of energy networks has included lubuskie region in a larger energy system, which allowed the import of large amounts of power from huge thermal power plants located in Brandenburg and Saxony. The proximity of Berlin also contributed to the construction large pumped-storage plant in Dychów, which has supplied energy during peak hours for the German capital. Until 1945 has been established a dense network of local hydro and thermal power plants. Till 1955, reconstruction of war damage and conduction of new investments has enabled the completion of the electrification of lubuskie voivodeship.